Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about Tristate Discount Real Estate and the services we offer with each question’s numbered answer below
1. How are we different from other area real estate wholesalers?
- A: Just ask all the buyers we have sold deals too over the years, we don’t overstate ARV, in fact, we don’t state that at all anymore. We deliver solid properties with great upside but we also don’t quote repair costs because we don’t know how you will rehab, high flip vs low-end rental or anything in between. We also have 20 investors who have purchased multiple deals from us so that should tell you we both know what we’re doing as well as deliver value. We’ve been doing this for a while, between me and my team we have gone through over 3000 houses so when we talk about a property, it’s not our first time. Call us up and you’ll quickly see why many local investors call us one of the best wholesaling companies in Greater Cincinnati and NKY.
2. I’m new to real estate so what is the difference buying from a wholesaler?
A: Buying from a wholesaler is great but you need to know what you are buying and having some experience is highly recommended. When you buy from a wholesaler there are no contingencies in the contracts. Earnest money is nonrefundable and the deals need to close in 14 days or less with cash. This is all very common stuff, and the best thing I can say is, your power as a buyer is to look at a property and say yes or no. When you say yes and provide earnest money and sign the contract, we are assuming you are buying it, period. If you say no, no worries, we’ll sell to someone else. Please call our main number and we’d be happy to discuss this further and answer any questions you may have.
3. What questions should you ask a wholesaler before you buy a house from them?
A: Some general questions we recommend include the following.
Do you have the purchase contract from the seller on this house?
How long have you been a wholesaler?
How many repeat cash buyers do you have?
What are your longer-term plans in real estate?
Do not ask about ARV or rehab as these are things you should create and not depend on anyone else.
4. How are you able to find these properties at such a discount?
A: Since the launch of our company we’ve created systems and procedures that allow for the highest and best use of our time. With that said, we take our collective 27 years of real estate and executive level sales experience to find great properties and negotiate tremendous deals for the investors we work with. We are laser focused on becoming one of the best real estate investment companies in the Greater Cincinnati Area and we look forward to working with you.
5. Are properties on this site different from properties found on the MLS?
A: Most properties you’ll find on our site are ones you’ll never find on the MLS. The MLS is the “Multiple Listing Service” which is where real estate agents list properties for sale. We work directly with the homeowners to solve their problem more quickly and cheaper than listing it on the MLS. Also, the abbreviated inspection process and quick close are also differences from the MLS. Please call us and we can walk you thru the entire process.
6. What type of financing can I use to buy a property from Tristate Discount Real Estate?
A: We primarily work with Cash Buyers who either have the cash to close in under 14 days or who have access to hard money because our deals are at such a discount. However, since we are creative real estate investors ourselves, please contact us today and we would be happy to speak with you about helping you get to your real estate goals.
7. How do I make an offer on a property?
8. What is the inspection process for Tristate Discount Real Estate?
A: Since we primarily work with real estate investors who are cash buyers and our deals fly off the shelves, the inspection process has to be abbreviated. Bring your contractors before you make an offer and have them inspect the property and help you create a rehab budget. Our deals are already discounted for many of the defects that a professional home inspector would find. If this abbreviated inspection process isn’t to your liking, then we recommend you find your next real estate investment on the MLS and/or FSBO.
9. How often do you add new investment properties in Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati to the site and Preferred Buyers List?
A: Since one of our goals is to become one of the biggest and best real estate investment companies, we’re always sourcing new investment properties… and add new properties to this site on a continual basis. So, check back often as our properties tend to sell very very quickly. And if you complete our Investor Profile and send it back to us, we’ll also send you our deals that match your buying criteria via email and text.
10. Why is the earnest money non-refundable?
A: Simple, if your intentions are to buy a property from TDRE, this isn’t an issue. Again, if you say yes to buying a property and sign a purchase contract, we are expecting you to close, period. If you have any questions, please call our main number, and we’ll discuss it with you further.
11. Do you charge any fees to buy or sell a home?
A: We don’t charge homeowners any fees to help them find a solution. We purchase properties at a win-win price. When you buy an investment property from us, we buy the property at a steep discount, put a fair margin to cover all of our marketing and systems costs, and a fair profit, then sell it to you… and you pay a still deeply discounted price. A win-win for all.